You can view the logs for a payment of an order easily by following these steps.
- Select Orders from the left side menu
- Select the Manage Orders option
- A list of orders will be view-able on the right side pane.
- Click on the Declined tab at the top of the displayed orders to filter to orders that have declined payments
- Locate the order you wish to review and Click on the Order # to open the order
- Click on the Payment Logs tab.
The Payment Logs will show you the response each time an order attempts to authorize a payment, settle a payment or issue a refund. It will also show you the response from the payment gateway and indicate what the potential decline issue may be.
Some Common Decline Issues
Decline: This is a general decline message.
Refer to Issuer: This is a message indicating that the customer will need to contact their card issuer to identify the reason for the decline.
CVV Not Valid: The CVV number provided did not match the card issuer.
Address Does Not Match: The address provided for the card does not match the issuer.
Incorrect Expiration Date: The expiration date does not match the card issuer.
Bad Card Check Digit: The card number entered is incorrect. It does not match the credit card algorithm.